Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day #20

(pic taken with my Canon PowerShot SX20)

Tonight I made soup - Corn Chowder with Ham & Bacon.   

This is one of my favorite recipes, because it is quick, easy, and cheap!   I learned this recipe from Ro, the CEO of Scrap Girls - she had posted it on her blog back in 2009.   Since then, she has changed to a new blog, but has the recipe posted there too because everyone loves it so much.  You can find it here: Corn Chowder.

For the most part, I follow the recipe...but I make a couple small modifications.  Instead of 1 can cream corn, I use 1 cream corn and 1 regular corn kernels (drained) - I like the added texture.  I also use a mashed sweet potato instead of regular potato - adds more color and nutrition.

I ate my soup with a side of pretzel bites and grapes, which is obvious from the picture.

Tonight I also decided to use my real camera for my photo instead of my cell phone.  I was playing around with aperture settings and modes, and this one turned out the best.  My camera was in Aperture Priority Mode, and then set to Super Macro so I could get a nice close-up shot.  The settings were as follows: f/2.8, ISO-400, 1/13 sec., WB on Tungsten, no flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment