Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day #21

(pic taken with my Samsung Epic)
Today I went to brunch with my mom, grandma, aunts, and cousins.... and I ate too much!  Omelet, hash browns, bacon, fruit salad, garden salad.   So by the time dinner rolled around, I wasn't in the mood for much.  I reheated a bowl of Campbell's Tomato Bisque soup, added some Italian seasoning, and topped with shredded Mozzarella cheese.   It was satisfying without being filling.

Also, since today is National Pie Day, I wanted a sweet fruity dessert.  I don't have any pies laying around my apartment, and didn't want to go through the trouble of making a pie.....so I came up with this:
(pic taken with my Samsung Epic)
 
I call it my "deconstructed peach cream pie."   Basically, I took some ricotta cheese, stirred in a sprinkle of Splenda and a dash of vanilla extract.    Added the vanilla ricotta to some crumbled graham crackers and some thawed frozen peach slices.  It satisfied by sweet tooth without being sugary or too fattening.

No comments:

Post a Comment