Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day #7

Today I have been busily working on a large to-do list, and was so involved in my tasks I hadn't put much thought into preparing supper!  So when my stomach started growling, I needed to prepare something quick and easy.   I pulled out the leftover cooked fajita filling (peppers, onions, and steak) from the other night, sauteed then in a skillet with some diced portobello mushrooms, and put them on a whole grain tortilla.  I scrambled up an egg,  added that to the tortilla also, and topped it all with some shredded mozzarella cheese.   Sliced up a red pear on the side, and I have a well-balanced dinner - protein, veggies, dairy, fruit, grains!  :) 

If I had to give this dinner a name....I'd call it a "Philly Cheese Steak & Eggs Tortilla."  Rachael Ray would be so proud :)

3 comments:

  1. I often do something similar. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy - it's like a breakfast burrito of sorts - kicked up a notch. :)

    ReplyDelete