Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day #9

 
(pic taken with my Samsung Epic)

Tonight I tried a new recipe from Rachael Ray magazine - Salsa Verde Turkey Burgers.    1 lb. ground turkey mixed with 1/2 cup salsa verde, then grilled.  I served mine on a whole grain sandwich round with lettuce, shredded cheese, more salsa verde, and fire-roasted peppers.   It was just okay.  Nothing spectacular. 

I've tried cooking with ground turkey before, without great results.  I must be missing a trick somewhere.   Anybody have any fabulous tips, tricks, or recipes using ground turkey???

2 comments:

  1. I cook with ground turkey a lot. Be sure to drain it often as it's cooking...it gets watery.
    This might be my favorite recipe with ground turkey (even though it calls for beef...there's so much flavor I can't tell the difference!)
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/sloppy-joes-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete