Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day #31


I can't believe I've kept up with this blog for a month!   One down, 11 to go.  :-)

Tonight I made a big burger for dinner. I took the ground beef and mixed in some sea salt, black pepper, dried garlic powder, and a little red pepper oil (from Vom Fass). I divided this mixture in half, and pressed both halves into large thin patties. I put a little Gorgonzola cheese in the middle of one patty, put the other on top, and pressed the sides together to seal.  I cooked this in my small skillet pan until the juices ran clear and I didn't see pink. 

Instead of using a plain hamburger bun, I used a toasted whole grain sandwich round. I put some field greens on the bottom of the bun, put the burger on top, added some extra Gorgonzola cheese (since my burger sprung a leak and lost some of the cheese, as you can see in the picture), topped it with a little more greens, some spicy brown mustard, and the top bun.
It was delicious!!



*note: I only used between 1/4 - 1/3 pound of ground beef. The rest of the package of ground beef was browned on its own and put in the fridge for later use.  So the burger might look bigger than it really was!

1 comment: