Friday, February 4, 2011

Day #33

After a long week of work, I like quick & easy dinners.  Something I can throw together without much thought or involvement.  In my pre-blog days, this usually meant frozen pizzas or microwave chicken strips.  But now I think more carefully about what I am eating, knowing that it will be photographed and documented for the whole world to see.   And I mean the WHOLE world..... the stats tracker here on Blogger shows me that I have viewers from the United States, Canada, Chile, South Africa, U.S. Virgin Islands, Australia, Luxembourg, and the Philippines.   All of the continents are represented....except Antarctica.   :-) 

Okay....here is the food for today:


Fresh pasta  is great because it cooks so quickly!!   This was Buitoni brand Chicken & Prosciutto Tortelloni.  I cooked the pasta, then tossed with with a little pesto and balsamic vinegar.



Did you know that yesterday, February 3rd, was National Carrot Cake Day?   Ever since I discovered that "holiday" on Punchbowl, I had a craving for carrot cake.  Nice, moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  So tonight when I was at the grocery store, I bought a single piece from the bakery.   This picture only shows half of the piece.  I was trying to be good and not eat the whole piece.....  but between the time I took the picture and the time I am posting this blog, I ate the 2nd half too :)   It was too too delicious to stay in the fridge!

1 comment:

  1. "but between the time I took the picture and the time I am posting this blog, I ate the 2nd half too :)" That sounds like something I would do :)

    Keep writing and cooking and eating...I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete