Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day #48


I call this Mock Chicken casserole - it's "mock" because the whole dinner came together in 20 minutes without all the long cooking times of a casserole.    More leftovers went into this dinner.

I started by steaming some frozen veggies in the microwave.  When they were thawed, I drained the majority of the water, added some leftover brown rice, and steamed it for a couple more minutes until the rice was refreshed.    While that was steaming, I chopped up the rest of the cooked turkey breast tenderloin from my fridge, and browned it in a saute pan with a little butter.  I added a little milk and grated Parmesan cheese and heated until it formed a thickened sauce with the chicken.  Mixed it all together, and served with some biscuits.

It's fun and challenging to find new ways to mix up my leftovers, so I'm not eating the same thing night after night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment