Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day #49


South Asian-Inspired Chicken Noodle Bowl

In a small pot, I brought some water to bowl and cooked 1 cup of orzo pasta.   In a medium skillet, I stir fried together bell peppers, onion, and frozen peas until tender.  Added in some diced chicken breast (pre-cooked), and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garam masala.   A co-worker introduced me to this spice...well, actually blend of spices.   It is popular in Indian and other South Asian cuisine.   I really enjoy the scent of the spices.  Once the pasta was cooked, I drained it, then tossed it into the skillet with the chicken and veggies.  I then mixed in a sauce made from some soy sauce, hummus, and a splash of the pasta cooking water.  Let that all cook together for a couple minutes until the sauce thickened and fully coated the dish.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed! This looks yummy!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete