Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day #55


Tonight's dinner started with a craving for sweet potato fries.   I didn't want to have another chicken patty sandwich this soon to my last one, so I went digging through my freezer and found these 2 lonely tilapia fillets.

While the tilapia was thawing slightly and the oven was preheating, I took 2 end pieces of whole grain bread, and toasted them twice until crunchy.  I then crushed them into crumbs.  To the breadcrumbs I added 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.   I then set up a breading station with the breadcrumb mix in one shallow plate, and some almond milk in a 2nd plate.  I patted the tilapia fillets with a paper towel to remove some of the extra moisture, dipped them in the almond milk, then added a light coating of the breadcrumb mixture.

I took a sided sheet pan and spread a little olive oil on half of the sheet pan, placed the tilapia on that side, and drizzed a tiny more olive oil on the fish.   On the other half of the sheet pan I added the frozen sweet potato fries.   They baked in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, turning everything over halfway through the cooking time.    When everything was cooked and crispy, I sprinkled a little salt on the fries, and drizzled a little lemon juice over the fish.   Served with a little store-bought tartar sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment