Monday, February 28, 2011

Day #57


Tried a new recipe tonight!  I was looking for a way to use up the open jar of artichoke hearts that were in my fridge, so I found a recipe for Spinach & Artichoke Mac & Cheese.    The recipe was from an episode of Rachael Ray's daytime talk show. 

I made a few modifications to the recipe.  First, I cut it in half, because I didn't want a TON of leftovers.   Second, I left out the white wine, only because I didn't want yet another open bottle of wine, when I already have a couple open (reds & blushes).   Third, instead of Fontina & Parmesean cheeses, I used a shredded combination of Parmesean, Romano, and Asiago cheeses.   Fourth, the recipe calls for transferring the pasta & sauce to a casserole dish, adding more cheese, then baking until golden brown...I skipped that step.   

Despite my tweaking the recipe, it was delicious!  It tasted like Spinach & Artichoke dip, was nice and cheesy, and had yummy whole grain pasta. 

Delish!!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds fabulously decedent and yummy. I'll have to encourage Travis to make me some. :D Did you replace the wine with another liquid or did it not need it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added an extra splash of milk so the sauce wouldn't get too thick and burn. I think the wine was just for flavoring anyway - only 1/2 cup in the full recipe.
    Next time I make this, I might add some grilled chicken to get more protein. I hope Travis makes it for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I bet it tasted as good as it looks!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete