Monday, March 7, 2011

Day #64


Tonight's dinner was supplied by Sara, one of my awesome co-workers.  She brought me a "doggy bag" from a dinner she made recently.  It was 2 wedges of cooked polenta, with a topping mixture of salsiccia, white cannellini beans, tomatoes, and onions.   I placed the polenta wedges in a sautee pan with a little olive oil, and "fried" them until the outside was browned.  I  re-heated the rest of the mixture in the microwave, then spooned it atop the polenta.  To add some more color to my plate, I made a small salad of mixed greens, dried cranberries, gorgonzola cheese, and a balsamic vinegar drizzle.


Speaking of co-workers, I had the pleasure of cooking lunch for my whole office today.   I cooked the Potato Tot-Topped Shepherd's Pie (Rachael Ray) that I tried back on Day #43.   The smells permeated the office as it cooked, and I think everyone was glad when lunchtime arrived so they could eat.  To go with the meal, we had a tossed garden salad and some handmade bread (baked by my manager).
(organizing my ingredients)

(everything cooking and bubbling on the stove)

Time to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment