Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day #74 - St. Patrick's Pasta


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Since I'm not having the traditional corned beef & cabbage supper for St. Pat's, I decided to make some green pasta.  I had some leftover sandwich filling from last night (diced ham, turkey, artichoke hearts, and spinach), so decided to put it to use.   While the whole wheat penne was cooking, I heated up some pesto sauce on the stovetop, and stirred in the spinach-artichoke mixture.   I drained the pasta (apparently no enough, as my pesto thinned out), mixed in the pesto-spinach-artichoke sauce, then tossed in some shredded Italian-blend cheeses.  I let that all cook together in the pot for a minute or two, then piled it up on my plate.  With another handful of cheese on top for good measure.   Served with a wedge of sourdough bread to mop up the sauce. 

Green and delicious. 

____________________________________________

Sidenote: If anybody is interested, this blog now has a companion fanpage on Facebook!    There, you can keep up with my nightly blog posts, share photos of your own, and join in some food-related discussions with my other followers.   To become a fan on Facebook, look for the "Like" link on the right-hand column of this blog.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment