Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day #77 - Mega Sub


 Something about the warmer temperatures and sunshine today have put me in the mood for a picnic.  And the last thing I want right now is a bowl or hot soup or pasta, or to be "slaving away" in a hot kitchen.  So I made myself a mega sub sandwich - sourdough bread filled with mixed greens, 2 kinds of cheese (colby jack and swiss), 3 kinds of meat (turkey, ham, and roast beef), honey mustard dressing, and pickle relish.    Subway, eat your heart out!

A small handful of Fritos to go along with my sandwich, and a tall glass of peach iced tea to wash it all down.   For "dessert," I will be having a small bowl of Greek yogurt mixed with almond extract and frozen mixed berries.

It's like a summertime picnic.... in March..... in the bug-less comfort of my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment