Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day #80 - Salsiccia Skillet Sautee


Tonight I made a one-post Salsiccia Skillet Sautee.  I started with a pound of ground salsiccia (Italian Sausage) and browned it in a large skillet.   I added in some diced red onion, asparagus, and green bell pepper, and seasoned it all with salt, pepper & garlic.   I let this mixture cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies were softening, then I dumped in a can of Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes.  Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
I filled up a large soup bowl with the skillet sautee and stirred in some cooked rice.  Sprinkled a little grated Parmesan cheese on top.


I realize that the photo of my meal doesn't look too appetizing, so you get a bonus photo of the mixture cooking away in the skillet.  It's much more colorful:



P.S. Don't forget - if you are on Facebook, please join my blog's fanpage.  There you can join in with some food conversation, post your own food pictures, and some other little surprises along the way.  You can find my Facebook page by clicking on the box in the right column of this page --->

No comments:

Post a Comment