Monday, March 28, 2011

Day #85 - Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders


Tonight's recipe was adapted from the Pampered Chef "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook.   I made crispy oven-baked chicken tenders, sweet potato fries, and a slaw/salad.

The original recipe for the chicken tenders (Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites) called for a mixture of crushed whole grain chips, dry ranch dressing mix, and paprika as the breading for the chicken.   Instead, I used Garden Salsa SunChips, BBQ seasoning, dried basil, and Parmesean cheese.   I took one large chicken breast, and cut it in fourths, lengthwise, making chicken tenders.  I dipped the tenders in egg white, and then coated with the chip mix.   Placed them on my stoneware baking pan, along with some frozen sweet potato fries.   Cooked them for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.

The slaw recipe was also adapted from this same Pampered Chef recipe.   I took baby carrots and julienned them, then cut a stalk of celery on a thin bias.   I also added in some thinly sliced green onion and julienned artichoke hearts.  And a handful of dried cranberries for some color and sweetness.   Instead of making a mayo, sour cream, and ranch dressing mixture from the recipe, I mixed my slaw with some Poppyseed dressing.

This whole dinner was ready....in close to 29 minutes.  I didn't actually time it.   But it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment