Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day #100 - Coffee-Marinated Pork Chops


Post #100!  Can you believe it?  I can't.  I didn't expect myself to keep up this blog for more than a month.  I'm still surprised at how many of you are checking in my blog each night to see what I ate for dinner.  Thank you!!




For tonight's 100-day celebration, I wanted to make something nice.  So I took this recipe from my friend Brandie's blog, Home Cooking Memories.  (I encourage you to check it out sometime)   The recipe is for Coffee-Marinated Pork Chops.  When I saw this recipe on her page, I was intrigued.  I love my morning coffee, and I know it goes great with desserts, but I never thought of using it in a savory main course dish.  So I had to try it out.   And you know what, it really WAS delicious!   It added a nice depth of flavor to the marinade (which also includes spicy brown mustard, brown sugar, and other spices).  But it wasn't overwhelming with coffee-taste, so I bet even non-coffee drinkers will enjoy the meal.  I will be making this again in the future.  Thanks, Brandie!


I paired the pork chops with a whole grain dinner roll and some Balsamic Roasted vegetables - chopped zucchini, asparagus, and red bell pepper, tossed with balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil.  Roasted on a stone baking pan at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! glad you liked the recipe and congratulations on 100 posts. That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I can do pork.

    ReplyDelete