Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day #101 - Cranberry Pork Sandwich with Sweet Potatoes


Tonight's dinner was inspired by my friend, Anna.   Anna was talking on Facebook about cooking mashed potatoes for dinner.   I knew I had a sweet potato in my pantry, so I decided to make mashed sweet potatoes.   I peeled & chopped the sweet potato into medium chunks, and put them in my Pampered Chef micro-cooker.  Added enough water to cover, and microwaved for about 6-8 minutes until the chunks were fork-tender.  I then added a splash of milk and a dash of vanilla extract, and mashed until mostly smooth.

Since I couldn't make an entire meal out of just mashed sweet potato, I had to think of something else to eat.  So I took the leftover pork from last night, and sliced it thin.  I cut a whole grain roll in half, slathered some brown mustard on one side, and added the slices of pork.  Topped it with some shredded mozzarella cheese.  To give it a little more flavor & color, I took a handful of dried cranberries and put them in a measuring cup with some water.  I microwaved it for about a minute, until the hot water softened the cranberries.  I drained the water, and put the cranberries on my sandwich.  The pork, mustard, cranberries, and whole grain roll complimented each other nicely!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I haven't tried mashed sweet potatoes, but they sound fabulous. I think I'll have to get Travis to make me some. :D

    ReplyDelete