Monday, April 25, 2011

Day #113 - Pork Fajitas


I was thinking up ways to use the leftover Orange Pork roast from last week... and fajitas sounded like a tasty idea! 

I heated up a small skillet with a little vegetable oil.   I added 2 handfuls of frozen roasted bell pepper strips, 1/2 cup of cubed pork roast, and 1/4 cup of diced red onion.    I let these all cook together, about 8 minutes, until heated & tender.  I then added a couple tablespoons of black bean salsa, and cooked for another couple minutes until the salsa had cooked onto the meat and vegetables.

Then it was time to build my fajitas!   I started with a base of whole wheat tortilla shells, added some shredded cheddar cheese, and microwaved for about 30 seconds until the cheese started to melt.  Topped with a generous portion of the pork-veggie mix, some diced tomato, shredded lettuce, and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream).  Rolled them up, and they were ready to eat!

Also on the side, I cooked up some Spanish Rice - one of the Uncle Ben's 90-second microwave packets.  Those are wonderful options for a quick and easy side dish, when I don't want to wait and boil water!  Hooray for convenience...and shameless product placement!

And for dessert?   Easter candy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment