Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day #115 - Chili Dog


Cold, rainy day.  Perfect weather for a nice, hot chili dog!!   I opened up a can of Campbell's chili, and heated some up in the microwave.   I didn't have any hot dogs, so instead I used a piece of beef smoked sausage.    I started with my hot dog bun, added a thin layer of fresh baby spinach leaves (for some color and nutritional aspect), placed my beef sausage (sliced in half lengthwise), added a couple spoonfuls of chili, and topped it with shredded cheddar cheese.   It was much beefier and meatier than a regular hot dog, and had lots of flavor.   I ate the rest of the bowl of chili on the side with a little shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.    A nice dinner to warm me up on this rainy April day.

No comments:

Post a Comment