Friday, April 1, 2011

Day #89 - Seafood Chowder


Trying another new recipe!   This is a Seafood Chowder, which I based off a Pampered Chef recipe.  It contains onion, garlic, corn, chopped clams, chopped tilapia, vegetable broth, clam juice, milk, salt & pepper.  And some fresh parsley on top.  

The recipe called for bacon, which I left out to make it meat-free.   It also called for heavy whipping cream, but I just used regular milk, so the soup wasn't as thick and rich as it could have been.

I ate the soup with some Special K crackers, garlic & herb flavor.

It had very good flavor.  It needs a little more tweaking though, before it will be spectacular.  But I like having this homemade soup better than anything I can dump out of a can!

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, since you cook everyday, what do you do with the leftovers? If you need help you can freeze mail them to me ... greatly appreciated!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi, if there was a way to ship you my leftovers, I would! I usually take leftovers to work for lunch the next day. Sometimes I'll freeze them if I make wayy too much.

    ReplyDelete