Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day #95 - Panera Bread


I treated myself to dinner at St. Louis Bread Company (Panera Bread) tonight.  I wanted to try their new Steak and White Cheddar Panini.

Here is the description from the Panera website:  It's crafted on our French baguette, which has a thin crust that grills perfectly and holds up to the savory top sirloin steak, caramelized red onions and horseradish spread.

I thought it was a good sandwich.  Could have used a little more meat, in my personal preference.  But having worked at SLBC for 5 years, I know my sandwich was made according to strict corporate meat-portion weight specifications.

Tonight was the perfect night to try this Panini, because today, April 7th, St. Louis Bread Company was donating a portion of all panini sales to Operation Food Search.  The money would then be used to help feed hungry St. Louisans.   (A $4.00 donation for Operation Food Search will feed one person for a day.)  So I could have a good meal, and help a good cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment