Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day #130 - Whiskey Jack Shrimp Pasta


While organizing my freezer, I came across a box of Contessa brand frozen shrimp. The flavor was Whiskey Jack.  I thought they might work well in a pasta dish, so I boiled a pot of water and cooked some whole grain spaghetti.

In a medium skillet, I heated some olive oil.  I added a couple handfuls of assorted frozen veggies (stir fry mix & roasted peppers), plus the shrimp. I sauteed them together for about 8 minutes, until the veggies were tender and the shrimp was cooked. By this point, the pasta was ready, so I took 1/4 cup of the cooking water and added it to my skillet. This cooked together with the shrimp & veggies to form a sauce with the coating of the shrimp.  After draining the pasta, I added it to my skillet mix and tossed to coat.

The shrimp's sauce had a slight spicy bite to it, but not horrible.  Good flavor. And it was rather quick & easy to throw together.

No comments:

Post a Comment