Friday, May 13, 2011

Day #131 - B.B.B.S.P


Like the title of this one?  It stands for BBQ Beef Baked Sweet Potato.   

I cooked the sweet potato in my microwave, using a nifty object called a Tater Baker.   My cousin Krista gave me one for Christmas.  It looks like a lined, fabric bag.  The directions say to dampen a paper towel, wrap it around the potato, put the potato in the "bag," and then microwave as usual.  I guess it helps steam-bake the potato?    All I know is my sweet potato was cooked through without burning or wrinkling or exploding.  Here is a quick pic of what the bag looks like.  I bet you could find them at craft fairs:

Anyway....  once the potato was cooked, I cut it in half.   Half went onto my plate, and I let the other half cool down so I could refrigerate it.  It was a LARGE sweet potato, and I knew it would be too filling.     I had about a cup of BBQ beef leftover in the fridge, so I reheated that.   The beef went atop the sweet potato half, and I sprinkled it with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese.

A very satisfying dinner, and a nice way to use up the leftover BBQ beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment