Friday, May 27, 2011

Day #145 - BBQ Pork and Roasted Veggies






Tonight's dinner all started with a craving - a craving for roasted broccoli.  I have no idea where that craving came from, other than it was the only thing that sounded good when I was thinking about cooking dinner.   I had about three-fourths of a broccoli bunch in the fridge, so I cut it into florets and tossed them with olive oil, crushed black pepper, and garlic salt.   Since I needed more to eat than just a few roasted broccoli florets, I pulled out some sweet potato fries from the freezer, and put those on the same stone baking pan as the broccoli.  The fries & florets roasted in the oven for 16 minutes at 400 degrees F.

Meanwhile, I pulled out the leftover pork roast from the fridge, and sliced off a few thin slices.  I reheated these slices with some BBQ sauce that was thinned slightly with a little Cola.  I figured the sweetness would help counteract the heat of the chipotle rub.   I created a sandwich from the BBQ pork using a crusty herb baguette that I bought from the bakery down the street, a few slices of sharp white cheddar cheese, and a few kale leaves.   It made a very good sandwich!  And the roasted broccoli satisfied my very strange craving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment