Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day #158 - Caesar Pasta Salad


Tonight I made a summery Caesar pasta salad for dinner.


In a medium pot, I brought 1/4 box of Cavatappi pasta to a boil, and cooked until al dente.

While the pasta was cooking, I chopped up 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, 1/2 cup diced carrots, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1 cup romaine lettuce, and 1 cup deli turkey breast.  I tossed everything (except the lettuce) in a medium mixing bowl, along with a couple tablespoons of Caesar dressing (enough to coat).   I mixed well, then set aside to let the flavors "marry" while the pasta finished cooking and cooling.

Once the pasta was cooked, I drained it, then tossed the noodles with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.  I set this aside until cool.   After fully cooled, I tossed in the turkey & vegetables, the shredded romaine lettuce, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesean cheese.   Seasoned with salt, pepper, and additional Caesar dressing (it was a little dry). 

It was a nice light dinner, perfect for a warm summer evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment