Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day #165 - B.L.T.


 Ahhh...summertime.   When produce is coming in season.   Tonight I had my B.L.T. of the summer - 2 slices of toasted whole grain bread, a little light mayo, romaine lettuce, a juicy tomato, and 4 strips of bacon.    I love a good BLT!

With the sandwich I cooked up a few sweet potato fries.  I also made a light "salad" of cubed watermelon & cucumber with a balsamic vinegar drizzle.  The combination of sweet and tangy was a light and refreshing accompaniment to the sandwich.  I'm not sure where I got the idea of pairing those ingredients, but it sounded good while I was on the ride home from work.   The watermelon was perfectly sweet and juicy!!  My first slices of watermelon for this summer. I had another wedge for an evening snack.

This meal was summertime on a plate!

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog! Looks good and cool idea! You look like a really good cook!

    ReplyDelete