Friday, June 17, 2011

Day #166 - Gorgonzola Pear Spinach Salad


Tonight I am revisiting one of my favorite salads, with a slight twist.    As I know I've said before, I love the combination of Gorgonzola cheese and pears on a salad.    In an attempt to change it up a bit for the blog, I used baby spinach leaves instead of romaine lettuce.   I also made a red wine vinaigrette dressing instead of balsamic.


Gorgonzola Pear Spinach Salad (serves 1)

1 cup baby spinach leaves
3 slices deli ham, chopped
1/2 pear, any variety, diced
1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese
small handful chopped walnuts
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar, whisked together with 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
black pepper

Layer the spinach, ham, pear, and cheese on a small dinner plate.  Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, top with walnuts, and season with black pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment