Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day #175 - Burger


The last time I bought a large package of ground beef, I shaped some into hamburger patties to stock my freezer.  I took some round Ziploc containers, lined them with plastic wrap, then formed the hamburger patty in the bottom.  Wrapped tightly with plastic wrap, sealed, and tossed in the freezer.   Then when I was in the mood for a burger, I could just pull out one Ziploc container, thaw it, and I have a pre-formed patty.   Which is what I did tonight.

I started by sauteeing some onion slices in olive oil in a small skillet.  Once I removed the onions, I added the defrosted burger patty and pan-cooked until done.   I served the burger with the sauteed onions, BBQ sauce, swiss cheese, and romaine lettuce on a whole grain Sandwich round bun.   With my burger I had a handful of SunChips, and some frozen peach sorbet for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment