Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day #178 - Balsamic Wine Chicken


I cooked tonight!  Shocking, I know!

This morning before work, I put a chicken breast in a ziploc baggie with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.   I placed the chicken in the fridge and let it marinate throughout the day.

When I got home from work, I took the chicken out of the fridge and browned it on both sides in a saute pan with a little olive oil.   Once both sides were browned, I added a splash of water and a couple splashes of semi-dry white wine to deglaze the pan, covered with a lid, and let simmer until the chicken breast was fully cooked.

I also cooked a package of Knorr's Pasta Sides; the Parmesean noodle variety.   I tossed in a handful of frozen peas to the pasta.

I took my small plate and added a couple large spoonfuls of pasta.  Sliced my chicken breast and placed it on top, then sprinkled it with a little crushed black pepper and dried herbs.  My attempt at a fancy presentation.

2 comments:

  1. Did you like it? It looks really good! I think I'm gonna have to try something like this soon, I love balsamic vinegar. And wine isn't so bad either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very good! The balsamic marinade and white wine created a nice glaze on the chicken, and the breast stayed moist. Sorry I don't have an actual recipe for you.

    ReplyDelete