Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day #181 - Grilled Cheese with Ham & Pear


I was experimenting with grilled cheese - two slices of whole grain bread, spinach, shredded Italian-blend cheese, ham, and thinly sliced Bosc pear. 


According to the USA Pear website:
Bosc pears are easily identified by their long, tapered necks, long stems, and skin that is naturally russeted to a cinnamon brown color. They have a dense, fragrant, honey-sweet flesh with a smooth texture that holds its shape well when heated. It is an excellent choice for eating fresh as well as for cooking.

I sliced the pear as thin as I could, so I didn't have too much thickness to bite through. It added a nice sweetness against the flavors of the cheese, ham, and grainy bread.    

I enjoyed this sandwich, much more than a plain grilled cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment