Monday, August 1, 2011

Day #211 - Google & Ravioli

While I am on vacation, I will try to include both my lunch & dinner pictures with my posts, since we will likely be eating "out" for both meals. Today is our first full day in California, and here is what I ate:


Lunch was on the Google campus here in Mountain View.   My brother works at Google, and he treated us to lunch at one of the many cafes on the campus.  We ate at Charlie's Cafe, which had several stations of cuisine - salad bar, American, Italian, Japanese, Indian, Italian, Mexican, and dessert.    My lunch consisted of a chilled green gazpacho soup (cucumbers, honeydew, and light spices); a salad of butter lettuce, mixed greens, bell peppers, fresh mozzarella balls, marinated zucchini, slivered almonds, and balsamic dressing; fresh cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and grapes; some sort of spicy chicken wrap; and a dessert called Brownie VS Cheesecake - a thick brownie crust topped with cheesecake and then decorated with large chocolate curls.

It was a very filling lunch!!  But I tried sticking with mainly healthy choices (except for the dessert).   And it all tasted excellent.   Thanks, Google!



For dinner we went to visit some relatives out here in California, and my aunt cooked dinner.  She made giant meatballs, homemade ravioli, garlic bread, and fresh vegetables.  Everything was delicious!  She also baked a peach pie for dessert, but my phone battery died before I could take that picture.  Plus I ate that piece rather quickly because it tasted so good.  Slightly warm peach pie with a scoop of slightly melting vanilla ice cream.  MMM mmm good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment