Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day #214 - San Francisco

Day #4 of my California vacation. Today my family and I spent the day in San Francisco.  We started with lunch in Chinatown, at a restaurant my aunt Carol picked out called Four Seas.


My aunt and brother were adventurous enough to eat Dim Sum for lunch, but I chose to order something more substantial (and familiar) from the menu - Cashew Chicken.    Large chunks of chicken, green bell pepper, white onion, celery, and baby corn, cashews, and a cashew sauce.   My mom gave me some of her pork fried rice, and I also tried one of the dim sum pork & mushroom dumplings and steamed pork buns.  It was all very good, and very filling.   A large lunch, considering we would be spending the rest of the afternoon walking around San Francisco and Pier 39.

Later in the afternoon, my uncle and cousins met up with us at Pier 39, and we all walked through Fisherman's Wharf on the way to Ghirardelli  Square.    Yes, the famous chocolately Ghirardelli's.   We ordered giant ice cream sundaes, which was our "dinner."


I know this will be shocking, but my sundae wasn't chocolate at all.   Rather that something heavy and rich, I ordered the Very Berry Sundae - strawberry cheesecake ice cream, sliced strawberries, vanilla ice cream, blueberry topping, whipped cream, chocolate-covered blueberries, and a chocolate-dipped waffle cone roll.   Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment