Friday, August 5, 2011

Day #215 - Chipotle & Tied House

Today was the 5th day of our California vacation.  We started the morning with a walk through the Redwoods Regional Park in Oakland, California, where we worked up an appetite.  From there, we drove to Berkeley and stopped at Chipotle for lunch.


At Chipotle, I ordered a steak burrito bowl - rice, black beans, steak, lettuce, mild tomato salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese.   I also had a few tortilla chips from the bag my family was sharing.   It was a filling lunch after all the walking in the morning, and enough food to tide me over until dinner.   After lunch, we spent a couple hours walking around the UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens. 

For dinner, we drove to Mountain View to a restaurant my brother recommended:  the Tied House Brewery & Cafe.   My aunt, uncle, and cousin met up with us there.   Considering we were at a Brewery, I had to order a beer with my meal.  Their featured fruit beer was a Passionfruit Pale Ale.  It sounded intriguing, so I gave it a try.   It was light, with a typical ale taste, but had a slight tropical fruit kick at the finish.  I enjoyed it!   


For dinner, I ordered their Turkey Burger - a half-pound ground turkey patty, with arugula, fresh tomato, and red onion on a kaiser roll, served with Chipotle Tarter sauce on the side, and a large portion of fries.  The turkey burger was juicy and flavorful, and the chipotle tarter added a nice kick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment