Monday, August 15, 2011

Day #225 - Tomato Mozzarella Melt


Tonight's dinner was inspired by my friend, Anna.   Earlier I asked the question on Facebook, "What do I want for dinner tonight?"    Several of my friends responded, including Anna, who was having an open-faced, broiled tomato and cheese sandwich with garlic butter.   I saw her response shortly after leaving the grocery store, where I had just purchased some nice ripe tomatoes, so I figured it must be fate that I should also have a tomato & cheese sandwich.


I started by taking a whole grain Sandwich Round, spread on a little butter, and sprinkled it with some garlic salt.   Topped each half with tomato slices, which were seasoned with a garlic & peppercorn rub, added a handful of shredded Mozzarella cheese, and sprinkled with dried Italian herbs.  I baked this in my toaster oven for about 10-15 minutes at 250 degrees, just so the tomatoes would heat through.   I then switched the toaster oven to the "Medium Toast" cycle, which allowed the cheese to melt and the bottom of the bread to toast.  Delicious!!    Thanks for the suggestion, Anna!
With my tomato melts, I also had a small serving of Apple Chips, which I grabbed at the grocery store on a whim. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it, Tiza! One of my very favorite sandwiches! And now, I know what I'm having for lunch as well! Yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete