Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day #226 - Taco Salad



Mmmm... I love a good taco salad!!   I started by browning my ground beef, and adding in a packet of taco seasoning and some water.   I cooked the taco shell bowls by laying some flour tortillas over a couple of my ceramic (oven-safe) cereal bowls.  I snipped the tortilla shells on the quarter marks, just so it would take on the shape of the bowls a little more.  I cooked them at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, then removed them from the oven.  I carefully flipped the tortilla bowls over, removed the cereal bowl, and then baked for another few minutes so the inside of the bowls would crisp up.   Once the fully-crisped tortilla bowls were ready, I added a thin layer of shredded Mexican-blend cheese at the bottom, then layered in the fillings: lettuce, tomato, green bell pepper, mild tomato-cilantro salsa, ground beef, and shredded cheese. 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! We always just have taco salad with chips. Gonna have to get Travis to try making bowls - they sound like fun. Next time, you should try adding a creamy tomateo jalapeno ranch dressing. So, so, so good. (It's probably really bad for you, but it's tasty!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen creamy tomato jalapeno rach dressing before. Did you (or Travis) make it or buy it? I usually like Thousand Island dressing with my taco salads.

    ReplyDelete