Friday, August 19, 2011

Day #229 - You Call These Nachos?


Tonight I was really craving nachos.   However, I don't have any tortilla chips in the apartment.   I suppose I could have cut some tortilla shells into wedges and baked them to make chips, but I didn't want to wait that long.   I improvised, using saltine crackers as my nachos base.  I sprinkled some shredded Mexican-blend cheese on the crackers, and microwaved for 20 seconds so the cheese started to melt.  I then loaded it up with leftover taco meat, diced green pepper, tomato salsa, more shredded cheese, and topped with a few small dollops of Greek yogurt.    The Saltines didn't hold up very well under all the toppings, so I ended up using my fork to eat most of them.   But it took care of that nachos craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment