Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day #230 - Steak StirFry with Couscous


Tonight I decided to use up the leftover steak and throw together a simple stir-fry.   In a medium skillet, I melted a little margarine and started by sauteeing broccoli florets for a few minutes, until not quite tender.   I added some frozen snap peas and continued sauteeing.  Once the snap peas were thawed, I seasoned the vegetables with some crushed black pepper, Garam Masala seasoning, and soy sauce.   I let this cook down for a couple more minutes before removing the vegetables from the skillet, and then added the sliced steak.   I cooked the steak until it was heated thoroughly and starting to brown on all sides, then added the vegetables back in.

While all the vegetables and steak were cooking, I searched through my pantry for some rice.  I couldn't find any, but I did find a box of Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous.   That could work.   I cooked that in the microwave, according to the box directions.   The couscous ended up being a nice "bed" for the stir-fry, without overpowering the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment