Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day #240 - Turkey Meatballs


Tonight I continued my healthy eating journey by trying a new recipe for  Turkey Meatballs with Romano Cheese and Herbs.  

The recipe called for 1.5 lbs of ground turkey.  Unfortunately, the only package I had on hand was about 1 lb.  Once I added in the other ingredients (which I tried to cut down on quantity), the consistency of my meatballs was a tad on the soft side and they didn't retain their pretty balled shape.

Since I was planning to roast some vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, and red bell pepper) in the oven, I decided to bake the meatballs instead of pan-cooking them.   Hence the dull beige meatball (meat blob?) color, instead of the pretty browned meatballs on the recipe page.

Regardless of appearance, they still tasted good!   The flavor of the turkey was mild enough that I could still get slight hints of the cheese and herbs in the mix.  I grated some additional Romano cheese over the meatballs and vegetables just before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment