Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day #242 - Hummus & Onion Pork Chops


Tonight's dinner was based off this recipe I found using the AllRecipes.com Dinner Spinner app on my cell phone - Pleasant Pork Chops


I started by sauteing some thinly sliced onion and pressed garlic in some olive oil until lightly browned, then removed from the skillet.    I took two pork chops, seasoned them with salt & pepper, and browned them on both sides in my hot skillet.  I then poured in a cup of chicken broth, 2 bay leaves, and 1/2 can of Rotel tomatoes (with juices) into the skillet, covered with the lid, and let simmer for an hour.

After the hour was up, I removed the pork chops and poured in a mixture of Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), red pepper hummus, and the sauteed onion & garlic.  I mixed this together with the cooking liquid, and let this sauce simmer for about 15-20 minutes.

At this point, I put a pan of chopped asparagus and broccoli florets into the oven to roast.   Once the vegetables were roasted, I served my pork chop topped with a large spoonful of the tomatoes, onions, and sauce.   The sauce had good flavor, but it probably would have been helpful if I had read the directions a little closer and let the cooking liquids reduce before I mixed in the hummus & onions.   Mine was still a little runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment