Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day #244 - Incredible Pizza Company


Today is my cousin Matt's birthday, so the whole family (me, my parents, grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins) got together at Incredible Pizza Company for dinner and to hang out.   As I mentioned in last night's post, I'm watching my carb intake, so sadly I wasn't able to eat any of the pizza or pasta available at the all-you-can-eat pizza bar.  But I raided the salad bar.   Pictured above is one of the two salads I ate for dinner.

This salad is romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, green peas, diced turkey, sunflower seeds, and light Italian dressing.   My second salad was similar, only with light French dressing instead of Italian, and ham instead of turkey.

It's not easy staying healthy when dining out, and I had to constantly defend my dinner choices and refuse all the "good" (aka fattening) foods like pizza, pasta, and dessert.  But my willpower felt strong, and I left feeling satisfied instead of full/sick.   It's a good thing I like salads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment