Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day #245 - Tomato & Cheese


Earlier today, my cousins and I went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens for the annual Japanese Festival.  Do you know how difficult it is to eat carb-free at a Japanese Festival?  Everything has rice or noodles.  I managed to find a vendor selling giant pork kabobs - 6oz of pork, marinated in teriyaki sauce, and grilled to perfection.   Do you also know how difficult it is to take a picture of a pork kabob while trying eating and walking through a crowd at the same time?   Yeah, that's why I don't have a photo of lunch for you.

After a day of walking and fresh air, I wasn't very hungry for dinner.  I pulled out a large beefsteak tomato from my fridge, cut it into slices, drizzled it with balsamic vinegar, and sprinkled it with crushed black pepper and finely grated Romano cheese.    It was refreshing, it was delicious, and it filled me up for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment