Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day #254 - Bacon'Bleu Chicken



Oh my goodness.  This was delicious!

I started with a large boneless, skinless chicken breast.   I cut into the breast from the side, butterflying the breast open (without cutting it through the other side).  I pulled back the top half of the breast, stuffed in about 1/4 cup of bleu cheese, then closed the breast back up.  I seasoned the breast with a little crushed black pepper, then wrapped 3 large strips of turkey bacon around the breast and stuck in a few toothpicks to hold it in place.   I put the chicken breast on my stoneware baking pan, along with some sticks of zucchini and yellow squash that I had tossed in olive oil.   This roasted in a 400F degree oven for about 25-30 minutes, until I no longer saw pink in the breast when I slit into it.

As soon as I cut into the chicken, it oozed melted bleu cheese, or at least whatever cheese hadn't soaked into the chicken!  The turkey bacon crisped up nicely around the chicken without being overly greasy.  But the chicken...the chicken was so juicy and flavorful!  It was delicious.  I savored each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment