Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day #259 - Turkey Tomato Melt

 

Tonight I made Turkey Tomato Melts for dinner.  I started with a base of whole grain Sandwich Thins.  Spread on a light layer of sun-dried tomato hummus. Topped with thinly sliced deli turkey, a thin slice of tomato, a sprinkled of black pepper and dried Italian herbs, and a layer of shredded Cheddar & Mozzarella cheeses.  I set these melts aside while I prepared my side dish.

I chopped some broccoli and cauliflower florets and put them in a large Ziploc bag.  I drizzled them with a little EVOO, and seasoned them with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs.  Then sealed up the bag, and shook like crazy until all the vegetables were coated.  I roasted the broccoli & cauliflower on my stoneware ban in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes. 

After 10 minutes, I placed the melts on the stoneware pan, lowered the oven to 365-degrees, and baked for another 8-10 minutes until the cheese was melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment