Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day #263 - Chicken Bowtie Soup




Tonight I was craving some comfort food.  A big pot of soup should do the trick!


I started by chopping a large chicken breast into chunks and sauteeing them in a skillet.

While the chicken cooked, I heated a little olive oil in my soup pot and then added 2 crushed cloves of garlic.   I let the garlic cook down for a couple minutes, before adding some diced celery and bell pepper (both red & green) and seasoning with a little crushed black pepper.  I continued sauteeing for another 4-5 minutes over medium heat until they were tender.   I added a couple large handfuls of frozen shelled edamame, the cooked chicken chunks, 1 dried bay leaf, and 1/2 box of chicken stock.  I brought the soup to a boil, and then dumped in a couple handfuls of whole grain bowtie pasta.  Continued cooking at a boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta was cooked.


Then I served up a large bowlful of the soup and savored its comforting warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment