Monday, September 26, 2011

Day #267 - Spinach & Mushroom Hamburger Patties


Tonight I made some gourmet hamburger patties.

I took a small package of lean ground beef and mixed in a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, diced baby portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced fresh baby spinach, plus a light seasoning of salt & crushed black pepper.   I formed the beef mixture into two large patties, pressing them thinly so they would cook faster.

Once my large skillet was well-heated, I seared the burgers until browned on both sides.  I then lowered the heat, covered the skillet, and let the burgers steam-cook for a few additional minutes until the inside of the burger was just slightly pink.

I topped my burger with a handful of shredded cheese, and served alongside some cherry tomatoes and dill pickle slices (which I ate before taking the photo).

The Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms added a nice steakhouse flavor to the ground beef, while the spinach added little flecks of color and hidden vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment