Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day #269 - Autumn Harvest Pork Roll-Ups

 


Tonight I made these small Autumn Harvest Pork Roll-Ups, with steamed broccoli on the side.   Here is how I made them, complete with photos of each step:

I started with a package of thin "Breakfast" pork chops, but you could also take boneless pork chops and pound them thin:


I seasoned the chops with a little salt, pepper, and Jamaican Jerk rub (from Pampered Chef).

Next, I used a Food Chopper to finely dice 1/2 small red apple (I used a Gala apple) and 5-6 baby portabella mushrooms.  I mixed these together in a bowl with 1 tbsp dried herbs (basil, parsley, chive):



I took a seasoned pork chop, added a large spoonful of the mushroom-apple mixture to the middle, rolled the pork around the filling, and used a toothpick to hold the rolls together.  I repeated with each pork roll, and placed them in a 9x9 inch baking dish.  Any leftover filling I sprinkled over and around the pork rolls:
 

I baked the pork rolls in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes, then lowered the heat to 365 and continued baking for an additional 20 minutes, until the pork was fully cooked.


The mushroom-apple filling was a nice autumnal complement to the pork, and the presentation of the dish wasn't too terrible either!

No comments:

Post a Comment