Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day #272 - Weekend Getaway, Part 2

Today I'm still in Kansas City for my scrapbooking weekend.  We spent most of the day just hanging out and playing with our laptops. For lunch, we all walked next door to Wendy's and grabbed some food to bring back to the hotel.  I ordered half of an Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, and a small value order of Chicken Nuggets.   But no photo of that for you today.


This evening, our group headed over to the Zona Rosa Shopping Center for a photo walk / scavenger hunt.   We were given eight photography tasks, and had to find situations/photos for each one.   After walking for an hour or so, we had all worked up quite an appetite.   For dinner, we dined at Smokehouse Bar-B-Que.


I ordered the Porker Sandwich - a giant serving of tender pulled pork served on a toasted, corn-dusted bun.
I also substituted a small garden salad with balsamic dressing in place of the french fries.     The sandwich was loaded with pulled pork!  Loaded!! About halfway through the sandwich, I abandoned the bun entirely and just ate the pork with my fork.  Even still, I couldn't finish it all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment