Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day #273 - Weekend Getaway, Part 3

My last day in Kansas City.

Our group met up one last time in the morning for breakfast, before everyone started getting on the road and heading home.   By lunchtime, there were only four of us remaining.    We decided to head to Ruby Tuesday for their Sunday Brunch.

My brunch began with a delicious Berry Good Yogurt Parfait (vanilla yogurt, mixed berries, and crunchy granola), served in a martini glass:



For my main course, I ordered the Mini Steak Benedicts - Seared petite sirloin served on toasted buns with fresh lettuce, tomato, cheesy scrambled eggs, and topped with Hollandaise sauce.    It was served with crispy brunch potatoes on the side. 

It was something different, but very good!   I wasn't sure if the combination of traditional Eggs Benedict would pair with the steak, lettuce, and tomato, but I was pleasantly surprised.  


 I had an afternoon flight home from KC, and was pretty worn out by the time I got back to my apartment.  So dinner was a quick simple one - PB&J on a whole grain sandwich round, and a serving of cottage cheese:




What a weekend!    Back to normal food postings tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment