Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day #286 - Experimental Chicken Fingers


I will be the first to admit that this was a failed experiment in chicken finger making. 

Normally I would make chicken tenders with a coating of bread crumbs, crushed SunChips (my personal favorite), or even crushed pretzels.   Not having any of those in my pantry, I had to improvise.  I used Kashi Honey Oat cereal.   I crushed the cereal as finely as I could, and added a little Chipotle seasoning.  I seasoned the chicken fingers with some salt & pepper, dipped them in a little EggBeaters, then coated them with the crushed cereal.   I baked the chicken fingers, along with some broccoli florets, for 20 minutes at 375-degrees.

The broccoli tasted delicious.  The chicken tasted a little strange with the sweet coating, even with the addition of the chipotle seasoning.  But after dipping them in BBQ sauce, I didn't notice it as much.   I won't be using cereal as a chicken breading any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment