Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day #289 - Grilled Cheese & Roasted Pepper-Tomato Soup



Something about today felt like a grilled cheese & tomato soup kind of day.   Maybe it was my laziness, not wanting to do much cooking.  Maybe it was the cold, rainy weather.  Maybe it just sounded tasty.   Most likely a combination of all the above.

I knew I had all the fixings for grilled cheese (whole grain bread, swiss cheese, and deli turkey breast) in my fridge, but I needed to buy tomato soup on my way home from work.  In the soup aisle, I paid attention to the nutrition labels, looking for one that had the least amount of sugar.  I wound up splurging on a box carton of organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Bisque.   It was delicious!!  A nice roasted pepper flavor in addition to the creamy tomato, with chunks of pepper and tomato throughout the soup.  Perfect accompaniment with my grilled cheese sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment